Pears Global Real Estate Denmark is an investment adviser to the Pears Family Trust and is looking for a Project Manager (building engineer / constructor) or similar for a position to handle a diverse property portfolio throughout Denmark. The portfolio consists mainly of residential properties, located in Copenhagen and other major Danish cities. You will report to the Head of Asset Management within the Danish office and become part of a dynamic team across Denmark and England to which we you will report on a daily basis.
As Project Manager you will be responsible for ensuring that numerous projects are completed safely, within an agreed timeframe and on budget. Managing the practical side of all stages of developments or refurbishments, you will work closely with the Asset Management team, architects, surveyors, PM-Managers, municipalities and other building professionals in planning and delivery.
You will also supervise and direct a range of operations across the portfolio to ensure that all tradespeople and contractors are working together to an agreed management plan.
Responsibilities as Project Manager include:
• Management of all renovation and maintenance projects
- Manage construction projects on a day-to-day basis from start to finish, including supervising external advisors, labour force, monitoring subcontractors, checking materials, inspecting work and overseeing quality control
- Ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget by setting benchmarks, agreeing budgets and monitoring progress
- Conduct follow-up meeting with external advisers / partners
• Prepare annual maintenance budgets / plans
- Review of the external consultants’ budgets
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets per property including maintenance and CAPEX requirements
- Implementation of 1 and 5 year inspection plans on completed projects
- Long-term maintenance planning of apartments, buildings and outdoor areas for the properties
• Individual and general improvements, including apartment modernisations
- 5.2 renovation works
- Hire and manage the correct team for the projects and maintain dialogue with the various technical contractors
- Check all design documents with architects, surveyors, engineers and local authorities
• Manage multiple projects at any given time
• Promote and maintain health and safety, including site inspections to ensure safety rules are being followed and the correct insurances are in place
• Assist and advise in the technical due diligence of potential ongoing acquisitions throughout the portfolio
• Maintain regular communication with Danish and London Asset Management teams, attend meetings with clients and other representatives to inform them of progress on projects, i.e. stakeholder management
• Report internally and efficiently deal with any unexpected problems that may occur during projects
• Regularly communicate with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and others involved a project
• Prepare reports and client memo’s on projects where required
• Implementation and completion of renovation and inspection tasks, including dialogue and negotiation with public authorities, consultants and contractors
Skill Set required from the Project Manager:
• Strong communication skills in both Danish and English – for liaising with clients, the internal team and other property professionals
• Leadership skills and an ability to motivate external teams to ensure a high standard of work
• Excellent planning and organisational skills – for writing and monitoring project plans, cost schedules and utilising time and resources effectively
• Resilience and problem-solving skills – in order to overcome unexpected challenges during any projects
• An ability to make decisions under pressure, so that the project can progress
• Strong attention to detail for conducting site inspections and managing complex contracts
• An awareness of health and safety procedures and legislation – for running a safe construction site
• Sound commercial awareness – to allocate and manage budgets effectively and to understand client concerns
• Numerical and IT skills, including knowledge of relevant building methods, drawing tools and project management software to manage information and finances during the project.
If you have questions about us or the position, you are welcome to contact our Head of Asset Management Bjarne Eriksen by phone at + 45 7172 5587 or by mail Bjarne.firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to receiving your application, CV and other relevant background material as soon as possible. You apply by using the application link.